CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION
Managing Employment Law Issues in the Digital Age:
Data Ownership, Privacy and Social Media
Top experts will provide up-to-date insights and practical guidance
on issues, including:
• Employee privacy rights and interests: where to draw the line?
• Effective policies balancing employee’s rights with the employer’s
ownership rights and business interests
• Who owns the content posted on professional social media sites
such as LinkedIn?
• How to make non-solicitation covenants enforceable in an
• Social media companies’ rights and powers over data
• Quick-response crisis management in the age of social media
• Online harassment/misconduct: what warrants discipline or termination?
• The impact of online evidence on the conduct of workplace investigations
Case study: An employee has posted, tweeted or emailed a disastrous
comment – now what?
Matthew Sammon, Lenczner Slaght
Royce Smith Griffin LLP
Lisa Stam, Koldorf Stam LLP
Date & Time
April 20, 2015
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m EDT
$695 plus HST
Inquire about financial aid and
Osgoode Professional Development
1 Dundas St. W., 26th Floor
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z3
To Register: www.osgoodepd.ca; Or Call: 416.597.9724 or 1.888.923.3394
Or E-mail: OsgoodePD@osgoode.yorku.ca
Priority Service Code: 14-84HR