AODA Fast Facts:
AODA EMPLOYMENT STANDARD
The Accessibility for Ontarians with
Disabilities Act (AODA) seeks to create
an accessible Ontario by 2025.
The intent of the AODA Employment Standard
is to create inclusive workplaces for all employees.
It is based on the assumption that with adjustments
or accommodations, people with disabilities can
perform the same tasks as an able-bodied person.
There is no set formula to accommodations –
solutions are unique to individuals.
The AODA employment standard covers the following:
• Informing employees of available supports
• Workplace emergency response information
• Career development and enhancement
• Documented Individualized Accommodation Plans
• Return to work policies
• Accessible formats and employment supports
Want to learn more? Visit HRPA’s AODA page for links to tools and resources: www.HRPA.ca/AODA